EDUCATION THAT OPENS UP THE WORLD. TRADITIONS AND NEW CHALLENGES FOR CZECH BUSINESS EDUCATION
On 19 September 2019, we are organizing a one-day conference on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of business education in our country. In 2019, we will also commemorate 30 years since the Velvet Revolution, which was a milestone for free enterprise.
We look forward to meeting you!
- 19 September 2019 VENUE:
- University College of Business in Prague, Spálená 76/14, Prague, Czech Republic
- University College of Business in Prague, o.p.s.
- Czech, Slovak, Russian, English
- Retrospective topics in the business and trade industry – e.g. change of individual professions since 1919 (requirements for education, intervention of modern technologies in the 20th century), important First Republic brands and their expansion, the increasing number of women in study programs, change of employment of graduates)
- Change in travel habits since 1919 and 1989
- Travel trends (the most popular destinations) of Czechs today
- Business and tourism before 1989
- The main trends for the future – what tourism will look like, safety requirements
APPLICATIONS AND REGISTRATION
- Registration deadline: 31 July 2019
- Send applications, including annotations, to the address: email@example.com
- The deadline for the submission of papers to the peer-reviewed electronic proceedings: 31 August 2019
- Send papers to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requirements for the format can be found here
- Speakers will be informed about the acceptance of their papers for presentation at the conference by 6 September 2019.
- Please note that papers that do not relate to the thematic focus of the conference will not be accepted
- Technical equipment (computers with Internet connection, projectors, microphone) will be available
PAPERS IN PLENUM
- doc. RNDr. Vladimír Krajčík, Ph.D.
- A graduate of the Faculty of Science at Palacký University Olomouc in 1985 (RNDr.), he became a senior lecturer at the University of Hradec Králové in Systems Engineering and Informatics (doc.). Since 1994, he has worked in the administrations of private educational institutions, co-founding the Private Junior College of Entrepreneurship and College of Entrepreneurship. He is currently the Rector of the University College of Business in Prague. He applied his expertise and experience in information systems project management in solving a number of research projects, both domestic and foreign. He has lately been involved in TAČR projects focused on the sharing economy.
- Prof. Ing. Jaroslav Světlík, Ph.D.
- The subject of his professional interest is the theory of advertising, intercultural marketing and communication, and marketing communication. The author of a number of professional and scientific publications, university and high school textbooks and scripts (20) and hundreds of professional and scientific articles and papers at international conferences and congresses. In the past he has lectured at Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, SHW Wien, the University of Algarve, Portugal, FP BUT in Brno, PEF Mendel University in Brno, FM PEVŠ in Bratislava, FF UCM in Nitra. His lectures at international conferences in the US, Great Britain, Denmark, Bulgaria, Austria, Germany, Poland, Turkey, etc., were also received with interest. He currently lectures and serves as the guarantor of the Marketing Communication program at the College of Entrepreneurship and Law in Prague.
- Prof. Ing. Jaromír Veber, CSc.
- A graduate of the Faculty of Manufacture and Economics, University of Economics in Prague (1977), associate professor of Business Administration (1999), professor of Business Economics and Management (2002). Head of the Department of Management at the University of Economics in Prague (1994-2014), Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration at the University of Economics in Prague (2006-2014), Deputy Minister for Universities and Research at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. He is currently the head of the Management Department at the Masaryk Institute of Advanced Studies of Czech Technical University in Prague. Author of a number of professional publications in management, quality management, SME business, e.g. Management (Management Press, 2000 and 2009, a total of more than 11,000 copies sold), latest publications: VEBER, J. et al.: Innovation Management, Management Press, Prague 2016, ISBN 978-80-7261-423-3 and Veber J. et al.: The Digitization of the Economy and Society, Management Press, Prague 2018. Recent research activities for TAČR focusing on the impact of digitization on the economy: the so-called sharing economy (Airbnb, Uber) and Industry 4.0. In the last twenty years, consulting projects for about 70 companies in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Prof. Ing. Zdeněk Žihla, CSc.
- He graduated from the Military Technical Academy (Ing., 1961), worked until 1991 as a teacher and head of the department in the automatic control of aircraft. In 1984, he was appointed associate professor and in 1991 became a senior lecturer at the Military Academy in the field of Military Technology. He has been a professor of military technology since 1994. From 1968 to 1969, he lectured at the Military Technical College in Cairo. He worked as the director of the Foreign Training Institute (1961-1963) and director of the Institute of Language Training (1993-1995). From 1995 to 1999, he was a professional consultant for the Brno Trade Fair and at the same time worked as a professor at the Jan Perner Faculty of Transport, University of Pardubice, until 2006. From 2006 to 2008, he was the vice-rector for pedagogical activities at the University College of Business in Prague, then worked as a professor there until 2018. He is the author and co-author of 6 books, 26 reports on scientific works, the author of 31 teaching texts and 77 professional publications.
- doc. Ing. Václav Nétek, CSc.
- He is a graduate of the SEŠ business academy in Šumperk, where the professors gave him his basis for life in 1968 with his first acquaintance with the term "marketing", as well as another term that could not be used, namely "commercial engineering". This was followed by the Faculty of Metallurgy and entry into the world of technology and engineering and 30 years of real experience from supply and sales to finally the coveted marketing. He had the opportunity to directly manage small teams in precision engineering, metallurgical secondary manufacture, electrical engineering and the heat treatment of metals. He is one of the founders of industrial marketing in the Czech Republic and has helped to guide those who followed him in this field. He has worked as a purchasing manager, sales manager, director of strategy, sales and marketing director, etc. He is the first graduate of the Intermanager Program of the American Management Association in Brussels with a CSM degree. He completed an internship in management and marketing in South Korea and became the first president of the Czech-Korean Chamber of Commerce. He is the author of 5 industrial designs and two inventions in population protection and non-invasive health care. In 2005, he became the first Marketer of the Year in the Czech Republic. He is currently working in the research and development of new marketing tools based on biotechnology and genetic marketing intelligence resources for future B2B markets. He is the author of the publication "The Technology of Industrial Marketing 2018".
- Send any questions to: email@example.com