We would like to inform you that the Career and Internship Center is undergoing restructuring, which aims to help students who are looking for a place where they can complete their compulsory internship. Professional and specialized fields of study directly address the provision of practical experience in the running of organizations that the school has or will have an established partnership agreement with so as to provide the basis for organizing these internships. In the future, we want to provide other services here, for example in the field of psychological counseling and labor law.
This website provides you with basic information about internships, useful contacts and forms to download. We will continue to add more information.
Představení Kariérního centra
Studijní povinnosti v rámci předmětu Odborná praxe
The total length of internship for the bachelor's type of study is 12 weeks (6+6) and for a master's 6 weeks (3+3).
The aim of the center is not only for students to complete compulsory internship, but also to establish longer cooperation, find a part-time job and possibly also a future job. It is about long-term partnerships with various entities from all areas, from private companies to public authorities.
Therefore, whether you use the assistance of our center or arrange the internship yourself, please contact me so that together we can make sure you have all the things necessary to successfully complete it. Here I would also like to ask you, students of the University College of Business, if you have a type of company where you would like to do your internship at or you think an internship there would be possible and ideal, let us know and we will try to arrange it.
How to proceed in fulfilling your compulsory internship?
- You look for the internship yourself or with the help of an instructor who has expert training (professional internship) in that particular study program. This instructor will also be assigned as the teacher of the subject Professional Internship in the UIS.
- You arrange the signing of the contract for the Professional Internship between the school and the company. This is the case if a Partnership Agreement has not already been signed between them. You will pre-negotiate your professional internship and, after approval by your teacher, you will arrange the signature of both parties, i.e. UCB and the organization that will provide the internship.
- You will sign the contract for the professional internship with the company where you will perform this internship. (Contract for the provision of compulsory professional practice, including a plan and schedule for the internship).
- You will enroll in the Professional Internship course for the semester in question.
- You will complete the compulsory internship.
- You submit the form "Confirmation of completing the required internship" to the teacher with whom you remain in contact during your internship.
- At the end of your internship, you will submit the final report from your internship in the form of a seminar paper (to the submission office), which will be used by the teacher listed as the instructor for your internship to award you credit for the course.
Our partner companies:
- Czech ICT Aliance
- Letiště Karlovy Vary
- Letiště Ostrava
- Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic - Civil Aviation Authority
By prior arrangement at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can also meet in the office between the fifth and sixth floors of building Y in Spálená Street.
I look forward to working.
Ing. Roman Kořán
Head of the Department of Economics and Finance
UCB Career Center