ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES – DIGITAL ECONOMICS
1. WHAT DOES THE DIGITAL ECONOMICS STUDY PROGRAM OFFER?
Become a digital specialist for corporate services. Learn to use digitization in various activities of companies and institutions focused on services. The Economics master's degree program with specialization in Digital Economics will acquaint you with this relatively new profession, which focuses on the use of new information tools.
SUBJECTS IN PROFILE:
- Use of new technologies
Digital technologies affect all parts of our lives – use them for your benefit. We will show you how.
- Business management
Acquire managerial skills, learn teamwork and master the nuances of company management.
Gain an edge over the competition. Online business is the future of corporate business.
Learn to better formulate your thoughts, appear in front of people and use the right arguments.
2. WHAT TITLE WILL I RECEIVE?
Do you have a bachelor's degree and want to pursue Digital Economics? Expand your horizons and knowledge in our master's degree program. Learn something that is IN!
- Length of study 4 semesters (2 academic years)
- This study concludes with a state final examination and the defense of your master's thesis
- Teaching is done in the form of lectures and training
- Graduates will receive the academic title of Ing.
3. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
This study program will enable graduates to perform managerial activities at the level of middle or senior management in the private and public sector. The full-time master's study program Economics and Management of Services includes a six-week mandatory internship. You gain professional experience and the basis for your master's thesis. Students will master the full methodological range of professional activities and be ready to work both in the Czech Republic and throughout the European Union and third countries.
4. WHAT FORM OF STUDY CAN I EXPECT?
- Full-time study is the right choice for students just out of secondary school.
- Classes are held on weekdays.
- This form of study also includes practical experience. Students can take part in the international Erasmus exchange program.
- Combined study is designed for people who want to obtain a university degree while holding down a job.
- They attend classes during five weekends throughout the course of the semester. They usually start on Friday afternoon and continue on Saturday.
- You can combine the topic of your master's thesis and internship with your job.
5. WHERE CAN I STUDY?
You can study Digital Economics in the center of Prague at UCB, a private school with a twenty-year tradition.
6. STUDY PLAN
7. I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
You can apply for the summer semester (February 2021) until 28. 2. 2021.
You can apply for the winter semester (September 2021) until 30. 9. 2021.
You can submit your written application to the address of our institution or electronically on the official website of the school.
Length of study: 2 years is the standard
Graduate: obtains the title of Ing.
Study options: full-time and combined
Tuition fee: CZK 27,900 / semester
WHY DIGITAL ECONOMICS?
Students can find work in many different industries:
- In e-government management (CzechPoint, basic registers, Rights and Obligations Registry, portal agenda) – as an e-government officer,
- Personnel work (human resources, including managerial positions) – human resources officer,
- Finance – economist with knowledge of digital economics,
- Management sector using ICT – digital agenda coordinator,
- Project management – project manager of digitization projects,
- As a digitization manager,
- As a consultant for digitization implementation in various organizations and institutions.
- The program is promising. Digitization is a current trend, but also the future. Some trends in digitization are already being implemented in manufacturing companies (Industry 4.0, new distribution models based on online platforms, intensive development of autonomous control systems). Special reservation systems (car and bike sharing) and various applications within the Smart City concept are being created.
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT THAN SIMILAR STUDY PROGRAMS?
- This is a completely unique study program among universities. It is the first in the Czech Republic to acquaint students with subjects that are not yet taught at other universities and which are required by some government offices and in the private sector.
- Connecting practice and case studies undertaken by our school.
WHAT IS NEW IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMICS PROGRAM?
- Implementation of additional forms of practical employment and case studies
- Implementation of a virtual and augmented reality laboratory