FOR STUDENTS PREPARING TO BECOME COMMERCIAL PILOTS, THE INSTRUCTION INCLUDES THE NECESSARY THEORETICAL TRAINING – PROVIDED IN COLLABORATION WITH A PARTNER FLIGHT SCHOOL.
1. WHAT DOES THE FLIGHT OPERATIONS STUDY PROGRAM OFFER?
The Flight Operations study program acquaints students with the issues of civil aviation and flight. You will gain practical knowledge in basic disciplines, understand the basics of flight, aircraft design, air navigation and meteorology, the operational and performance characteristics of commercial aircraft and airline management. You will get the opportunity to complete both theoretical and practical training, which is necessary for working in various positions in commercial aviation and in positions licensed for the operation of aircraft.
The basics of flight
You will learn about the principles of aircraft flight and how flight preparation and monitoring is done. We will give you general know-how and help you acquire the theoretical basis.
You will learn what tools are used in quality management of commercial aviation.
Operations and economics
You will learn what tools are used in management and you will get an overview of how commercial aviation works in transport and within the national economy.
Aircraft and engine design
You will get acquainted with different types of aircraft and aircraft propulsion designs and with their vital features and characteristics.
Air navigation and meteorology
You will learn the basics of air navigation and meteorology, which are very important for the safety of aviation operations.
2. WHAT TITLE WILL I RECEIVE?
Do you want to become a qualified expert in the civil aviation industry? Are you interested in working in commercial aviation management, at airports, with airline operators or in air traffic control? Do you want to give yourself a solid foundation for a future career as a pilot or air traffic controller? Choose a program that puts you on the right track!
• Length of study 6 semesters (3 academic years)
• Concludes with a state final examination and defense of your bachelor's thesis
• Teaching is done in the form of lectures and training
• Graduates receive the academic title of Bc.
3. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
Graduates can seek employment in executive management for aircraft operators, in executive management at airports, for flight operations and aviation service providers, in handling companies, in aviation training organizations, in organizations providing maintenance and repair of aircraft and aircraft equipment (propulsion units, aircraft systems, aircraft instruments and avionics, aircraft equipment, aircraft ground security and operations, etc.) and in a number of other areas of civil and commercial aviation.
4. WHAT FORM OF STUDY CAN I EXPECT?
- Full-time study is the right choice for students just out of secondary school.
- Classes are held on weekdays.
- This form of study includes the chance to acquire experience and travel abroad. You can take part in the Erasmus international exchange program.
5. WHERE CAN I STUDY?
The Flight Operations study program is available in the center of Prague on Spálená Street at the University College of Business, a private school with a twenty-year tradition.
6. STUDY PLAN
7. I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
You can apply for the winter semester (September 2021) until 30. 9. 2021.
You can submit your written application to the address of our institution or electronically on the official website of the school.
Length of study: 3 years is the standard
Graduate: obtains bachelor's degree (Bc.)
Study options: full-time
Tuition fee: CZK 24,900 / semester
WHY FLIGHT OPERATIONS?
• Flight Operations is an attractive, promising and technically oriented program.
• The Department of Commercial Aviation at UCB has an extensive team of experts and experienced collaborators from the aviation sector who participate in the teaching and supervision of the final qualification theses of students.
How are we different from similar programs?
• The Flight Operations study program offers the chosen students extra value instruction. In addition to obtaining a bachelor's degree, students who seek to become commercial pilots as their future profession can complete the necessary theoretical preparation as part of their studies with a partner flight school.
• We offer more specializations – Commercial Aviation Operations and Management, Unmanned Flight Systems.
• At our school, students can continue their studies in the follow-up master's degree program of Commercial Aviation Operations and Management – Airline Management.
• We have considerably modernized our study program – the content and methodological approach of the core subjects have been thoroughly elaborated (this includes mathematics, physics, basics of flight, aircraft and engine design, meteorology, navigation, radio navigation and more). All students, regardless of their previous secondary school education and level of knowledge, have the opportunity to achieve the same goal. We have also added subjects that will expand the professional overview of students (e.g. Air Worthiness and Reliability).
• In comparison with other universities of similar focus, our library has been endowed with the literature and materials of individual subjects needed to reach a professional level.