TRAVEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
1. WHAT DOES THE TRAVEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT STUDY PROGRAM OFFER?
Get ready for working in the tourist trade – theoretically and practically. This bachelor's field of study will give you excellent working knowledge for the corporate sphere and help you find employment in travel agencies, in hotel or restaurant management, and in the managerial positions of large companies.
Hotel and restaurant management
Learn how to run an entire hotel smoothly – accommodation, restaurant and technical aspects.
The business side of travel and tourism management
Would you like to start your own travel agency or office? Find out all about it.
Skills to become a guide
Develop your communication skills and learn to become an engaging speaker about popular sights and locations.
Basic business economics
Get acquainted with the economic side of running a business.
How to reach out and attract customers? The right marketing campaign is a key part of the hotel business.
How to set the price to cover all operating costs and make a profit?
2. WHAT TITLE WILL I RECEIVE?
Do you want to study travel and tourism management? Do you dream of being a manager in a travel agency, hotel or restaurant? This degree program is for you!
- Length of study 6 semesters (3 academic years)
- Concludes with a state final examination and defense of your bachelor's thesis
- Teaching is done in the form of lectures and training
- Graduates receive the academic title of Bc.
3. WHERE TO APPLY?
Graduates of this study program go on to work in the travel and tourism trade, whether for travel agencies or carriers (including the non-profit sector), they find jobs in middle management of hotels and restaurants, and employment also awaits them outside their field of study, for example in marketing and public administration. The well-rounded education they receive prepares them for employment in all sectors of international business.
4. WHAT FORM OF STUDY CAN I EXPECT?
- Full-time study is the right choice for students just out of secondary school.
- Classes are held on weekdays.
- This form of study also includes practical experience. You can apply for the Erasmus exchange program and travel abroad.
- Combined study is designed for people who want to obtain a university degree while holding down a job.
- They attend classes during five weekends throughout the course of the semester. They usually start on Friday afternoon and continue on Saturday.
- You can combine the topic of your bachelor's thesis and required practice with your job.
5. WHERE CAN I STUDY?
You can study Travel and Tourism Management at the University College of Business in the center of Prague (on Spálená Street).
6. STUDY PLAN
7. I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
You can apply for the winter semester (starting in September 2020) until 30 September 2020. 9. 2020.
You can submit your written application to the address of our institution or electronically on the official website of the school.
Length of study: 3 years is the standard
Graduate: obtains bachelor's degree (Bc.)
Study options: full-time and combined
Tuition fee: CZK 23,900 / semester
- You will gain the skills and ability needed to do business in the tourism industry
- You also have the opportunity to obtain the professional qualification of Tourist Guide in an additional course focused on the guide profession
- You can travel and explore different parts of the world (from pole to pole)
- You can present attractive tourism destinations at exhibitions and fairs around the world
- You will make new contacts and get acquainted with foreign cultures
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT THAN SIMILAR PROGRAMS?
- We offer everything in one place – we teach tourism and commercial aviation at one school
- Solid instruction with practical insight – our lecturers include people with years of experience from travel agencies, accommodation and catering services, travel, etc.
- Excellent location – the University College of Business is located in the center of Prague
- Modern methods and forms of teaching
WHAT'S NEW IN THE TRAVEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT PROGRAM?
Our subjects reflect current trends in tourism (e.g. Gastronomy Tourism, Sport Tourism, Literary and Film Induced Tourism, Luxury Tourism, and Sustainable Tourism Management)