THE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES – TOURISM
1. WHAT DOES THE STUDY PROGRAM OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES – TOURISM OFFER?
Become a qualified professional in the economics and management of services, in areas that require a university master's degree. We offer a master's degree program in the Economics and Management of Services in full-time and combined form. It is a professionally oriented program. Within the Tourism specialization, this study is focused on the tourism sector.
2. WHAT TITLE WILL I RECEIVE?
Do you have a bachelor's degree and want to get further involved in the tourism industry? A master's degree program will help you develop your skills.
- Length of study 4 semesters (2 academic years)
- This study concludes with a state final examination and the defense of your master's thesis
- Teaching is done in the form of lectures and training
- Graduates will receive the academic title of Ing.
3. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
The study program will enable graduates to perform managerial activities at the level of middle or senior management in the private and public sector. The master's study program Economics and Management of Services – Tourism (in full-time form) includes a six-week compulsory internship, which also serves as the basis for the master's thesis. Students will acquire the practical skills and methodology of professional activities in the full range of service management and will be ready to work both in the Czech Republic and throughout the European Union and third countries.
4. WHAT FORM OF STUDY CAN I EXPECT?
- The full-time form of study is good for students following up their full-time bachelor's study.
- Classes are held on weekdays.
- This study program offers the chance to gain practical experience and to participate in the Erasmus international exchange of students.
- Combined study is designed for people who want to obtain a university degree while holding down a job.
- They attend classes during five weekends throughout the course of the semester. They usually start on Friday afternoon and continue on Saturday.
- You can combine the topic of your master's thesis and internship with your job.
5. WHERE CAN I STUDY?
The University College of Business in Prague is a private institution of higher learning with a twenty-year tradition. You can study the Economics and Management of Services – Tourism in the center of Prague on Spálená Street.
6. STUDY PLAN
7. I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
You can apply for the winter semester (starting in September 2020) until 30 September 2020.
You can submit your written application to the address of our institution or electronically on the official website of the school www.vso.cz
Length of study: 2 years is the standard
Graduate: obtains the title of Ing.
Study options: full-time and combined
Tuition fee: CZK 26,000 / semester
- You will gain the skills and ability needed to do business in the tourism industry
- You also have the opportunity to obtain the professional qualification of Tourist Guide in an additional course focused on the guide profession
- You can travel and explore different parts of the world (from pole to pole)
- You can present attractive tourism destinations at exhibitions and fairs around the world
- You will make new contacts and get acquainted with foreign cultures
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT FROM SIMILAR FIELDS?
- We offer everything in one place – we teach tourism and commercial aviation at one school
- Solid instruction with practical insight – our lecturers include people with years of experience from travel agencies, accommodation and catering services, travel, etc.
- Excellent location – the University College of Business is located in the center of Prague
- Modern methods and forms of teaching
WHAT'S NEW IN THE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES IN TOURISM PROGRAM?
- Our subjects reflect current trends in tourism (e.g. Gastronomy Tourism, Sport Tourism, Literary and Film Induced Tourism, Luxury Tourism, and Sustainable Tourism Management)