1. WHAT DOES THE GLOBALIZATION AND LOCALIZATION STUDY PROGRAM OFFER?
The Globalization and Localization study program acquaints students with developments in the world economy with an emphasis on the process of globalization. However, this process involves many of the risks exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic. The use of global sharing and decentralized technologies creates space for the development of local economies. Students will learn what local anchoring offers, both in the areas of the local economy and also in the participation of citizens and community activities. An integral part of the program is the emphasis on modern technologies, from 3D printing to blockchains, fab labs, digitization options and more.
The study program is all the more topical due to the pandemic and related economic problems, as it directly reflects the key issues of the future: The recovery and modernization of the economy and society. This study program expresses our common responsibility to our homeland and shows the way to implement it.
SUBJECTS IN PROFILE:
Geography of the world economy
You will learn about the importance of the international division of labor and its hierarchy. You will see how differently structured countries are and what this means. A blank map will no longer be stressful. After the course, you will be able to sketch out the main oil pipelines for fun.
Local Economics I and II
In these subjects, you will learn about what the local economy is and how the local multiplicator is calculated. You will also learn about the resilience of the local economy and local economic cycles. You will understand the potential of a location and what it can mean for your future business project.
In this course, you will learn about the emergence of globalization and the growth of power of multinational companies. You will also understand the reasons why the coronavirus has shown the weaknesses of globalization and why so many governments are talking about the resilience of economies and the importance of controlling strategic production, for example in medical supplies.
Decentralized technologies and digital trends
In these subjects, we will analyze technologies that enable local production, based on the sharing of manuals and instructions, but also the participation of citizens in what is happening in their locality and in working on joint community projects. In addition to the aforementioned 3D technology, you will learn more about cryptocurrencies, Industry 4.0, digitization options, Big Data, creative commons or Agora voting. Doesn't mean anything to you yet? Don't worry, it will!
How to involve people in decision-making processes and how to streamline management at the level of municipalities, companies or associations so that not everyone is arguing about it? This course is for that. You will learn something about deliberation, but also about the fact that conflict is a positive part of development. You will also try project preparation and participatory evaluation.
2. WHAT TITLE WILL I RECEIVE?
Expand your horizons and knowledge in the modern field of Globalization and Localization. Study something that is IN!
- Length of study 6 semesters (3 academic years)
- This study concludes with a state final examination and defense of your master's thesis
- Teaching is done in the form of lectures and training
- Graduates receive the academic title of Bc.
3. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
4. WHAT FORM OF STUDY CAN I EXPECT?
- The full-time form of study is good for students after their secondary school studies and students working part-time or with flexible working hours.
- Classes are held on weekdays.
- This form of study also includes practical experience. Students can take part in the international Erasmus exchange program.
- Combined study is designed for people who want to obtain a university degree while holding down a job.
- They attend classes during five weekends throughout the course of the semester. They usually start on Friday afternoon and continue on Saturday.
- You can combine the topic of your master's thesis and internship with your job.
5. WHERE WILL I STUDY?
6. STUDY PLAN
7. I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
You can apply for the winter semester (September 2021) until 30. 9. 2021.
You can submit your written application to the address of our institution or electronically on the official website of the school.
WHY Globalization and Localization?
- This is a completely unique program that you will not find anywhere else.
- It will show you the possibilities of developing your location so that you can start your own business project!
- It will acquaint you with the latest technological developments.
- You will be able to help develop the place you care about.
- You will be able to participate in the renewal and modernization of our country in the difficult times following the coronavirus pandemic.
What sets us apart from other schools that offer similar programs?
- Everything – there is no other program like it.
- We connect the economy, technology and civic activity.
- You will be introduced to successful foreign projects in local economics and participation, as well as to Czech trailblazers in this field
- We will offer you the opportunity to continue your master's degree in Digital Economics, which builds on this program.