The study at the University College of Business (VSO) primarily focuses
on educating and preparing qualified experts for professions in the fields of tourism, aviation services and in aviation business management, as well as in civil service and business sphere. In the course of the study the graduate acquires not only theoretical knowledge but it is also our prime aim to link it to the application in practical life. The graduates can, therefore succeed in the highly competitive environment of the current labour market.
Vysoká škola obchodní v Praze, o.p.s. (VŠO) has been a private school of higher education (non-university type) since the year 2000, providing education in the fields of Economy and Transport. During its seventeen years of existence, VŠO has acquired important status among non-university colleges in the Czech Republic. There are currently more than 2500 students studying on this school.
“Quality of education is one the priorities of the University College of Business in Prague. The goal of this kind of education should not only be the acquiring of skills needed in practice, but mainly the ability to lead a fulfilled and good life. That is why we mainly prepare the students for the practical life and for job acquiring. Our pedagogical team contributes to the development of unique subjects of study that have been established on our school – services and tourist industry management and services and air transport management. These subjects of study attracted the attention of the students with their uniqueness, created possibilities for cooperation among universities even on an international level and have enriched our entire society. The applicants are interested enrolling because of the school’s good name and lately mainly thanks to the possibility to find a place on the current job market. We are trying to improve our approach to our clients and to continue bringing high-quality education in these fields.”
VSO is a private non-profit higher education institution. It was established in 2000 after receiving the accreditation from Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. We offer accredited Bachelor´s and Master´s degrees. The students can study in both, daily and part time studies
- Unique study programmes that reflect current trends with a high emphasis on practice.
- Wide possibilities in the job market in collaboration with professional subjects such as Czech Tourism, Český Aeroholding, Prague Startup Centre, Skål International Prague, National Heritage Institution, Václav Havel Airport Prague, Ministry of Regional Development, Ministry of Transport, Czech Airlines Training Centre, Air Navigation Services of the Czech Republic and other companies and businesses in the tourist industry.
- Exclusive knowledge of foreign languages with focus on technical terminology in economy, tourist industry and air transport.
- Collaboration with foreign universities in China, Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Greece, Albany, Sweden, South Africa, France, UAE, Hong Kong, Macau and, within the scope of the Erasmus+ programme, in Great Britain, Germany, Portugal, Poland, Spain, Turkey, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Latvia, Serbia and Finland.
- Classes 3 times per week, daily and combined forms of study, an adjusted study programme for VOŠ graduates and a 100% focus on study with the best student information system in the Czech Republic.
- Classrooms equipped with modern IT technology and Wi-Fi connection, interactive navigation in the school’s compounds and time tables, a technical library, a client centre, relax centre, an active sport club, student events and a barrier-free access.
- An attractive and easily accessible Prague centre, all of the school’s base on one address.